Welcome to my homepage
Hugh Gene Loebner
Contact me: hugh[at]loebner[dot]net
Who am I?- What the press says:
- "New York Philanthropist" The New York Times - 5 November 1991
- "A Regular John – and Proud of It" New York Newsday - 25 August 1994
- "A Dreamer" The Atlantic Monthly - August 1994
- "A Maverick" Wired - April 1995
- "A Shining Figure" ("Eine Schillernder Figur") Der Spiegel - 5 May 1997 (Text only - German, and English translation)
- "A Strange Character" The Village Voice (NY) (When The VV calls you "a strange character" you know that you are pushing the envelope)
- "John and Philanthropist" Time Out New York - 14 November 1996
- "A Fluent and Lateral Thinker" The Weekend Australian - 10-11 January 1998
- "Gadfly - about - New York" Newsday- 28 March 1999
- "Don Quixote." - Salon.com - Feb. 26, 2003 ( My response March 7, 2003 )
Some Of My Interests
- Social Activist for the decriminalization of prostitution.
- Inventor: US Patents
- 4,949,079 "Brightpen/pad graphic device for computer inputs and the like"
- 5,073,770 "Brightpen/pad II"
- 5,159,322 "Apparatus to digitize graphic and scenic information and to determine the position of a stylus for input into a computer or the like"
- 5,525,060 "Multiple language learning aid"
- 6,019,393 "Planar Means for Indicating a Gratuity as a Function"
Abstract: Optional gratuities in the food and beverage industry may be defined on a planar surface as a percentage function of the cost of meals instead of an absolute dollar amount. This eliminates the necesity of the customer having to perform arithmetic calculations.
Note: Diagrams on patent website are in an obscure form, for pdf format for figures, click desired figure
Fig 1 Fig 2 Fig 3 Fig 4 Fig 5 Fig 6 Fig 7
- Taiwan patent NI-66800 (assigned to Witty Mate Trading Co., Ltd)
- Activist, The Olympic Fraud (The Olympic "Gold" Medals aren't)
(or Attempting to Restore Integrity to the Olympics)
No, I don't mean the sleazy bribery scandal. I refer to the much more outrageous fraud regarding the Olympic medals.
Read about The True Olympic Scandal. Did you know that since the 1920 Olympic Games in Antwerp, the "gold" medals have been merely gold plated? It used to be at: Chapter 5, Rule 70, Para 2 of the Olympic charter but the Committee has removed all references to the composition of the medals (out of guilt [gilt?] perhaps)
How I learned of the fraud. My Olympic Gold Medal Fraud speech, read at the 8th Annual Loebner Prize Contest in Sydney Australia. January 1998
The Shroud of Secrecy" regarding Manufacturing the Silver Gilt Medals
The Story of the Olympic Medals
3. Talk Shows I've Been On:
Geraldo - 20 December 1995
Maury Povich - 16 April 1996
Oprah - 31 October 1996
O'Reiley Report - 18 December 1996
ABC 20/20 - 31 January 1997
Court TV - 18 February 1997
The Full Nelson - Fox News - 28 August 1999
Leeza Gibbons - 1 February 2000
HBO "Hookers and Johns - Trick or Treat" - 6, 10, 11, 18, 23, 29 May 2000
BA The Johns Hopkins University
MA New York University
Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
5. Professional Memberships
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- President and CEO
- Crown Industries, Inc.
155 North Park St.
East Orange, NJ 07017
Tel: 973.672.2277 Fax 973.672.7536
- Manufactures of:
Society is Chaotic and I'm Just a Social Butterfly
Click here for the collection of my past sig's, with annotations. (Why did I say that?)